Sunday, April 4, 2010

Kings Dominion

On Friday (April 2), Audrey and I went to Kings Dominion with the Wynnes. Daddy couldn't get off work (long story). We had an idea that Audrey liked rides because she liked the few she rode at Disney. But now we know that the girl LOVES rides. She wants to do them over and over and actually cried once when she couldn't. Again, I had to post the pix small, so click on them to see larger.

This was no sissy coaster. It had lots of dips (notice her sweet head flung back). This might have been Audrey's favorite. She's riding with Sadie, the oldest Wynne daughter.


She rode it two more times before leaving the park. The girl in the red taught her to raise her hands on the roller coaster. So cute, I cried. Audrey dropped her hands to the bar after the first dip though.

Audrey really wanted a hat, and kind of needed one, too. She was thrilled I found this "cowgirl" hat. That's "Uncle" Lee.

This is on top of the park's Eiffel Tower replica. Audrey walked straight up to the grated walls and looked down. No fear whatsoever. Meanwhile, my legs are tingling thinking that grate could give way any minute, and she could shrink inexplicably and slip through those bars.
This is KD's version of Disney's Grand Prix cars. Audrey would not stop squealing on this ride. She loves to "drive" Daddy's truck.... and this car actually moved. BONUS.

You'll see that this car is on a loose track, so you have some leeway to swerve left and right. Imagine a two-year-old behind the wheel...... lots of swerving and squealing at every bump.

My family went to Kings Dominion when I was around 10. I don't remember much about it except for two rides. I remember riding this ride with my Mom. They were brightly painted parrots back then, and I remember them soaring much much higher and farther over the "lake." The lake turned out to be a small pond with a fountain. Now I've gotta dig up that picture of me and my mom on this ride :)

I also remember this wooden roller coaster. It's still a great roller coaster with lots of dips, but I remember it being higher and the dips deeper.

Our little thrill seeker.

Fun day!! We can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

Kevin, Somer & Garrett said...

How fun!

Kevin, Somer & Garrett said...

ok- thought of this after I hit "post". You have the daredevil and I have the chicken!!! :)