Thursday, July 16, 2009

Birthday Morning

Audrey is 2!!! We started off this wonderful day with a birthday waffle. (She's so good at blowing out candles.) And, yes, if she asked for a bowl of Cheerios, I would have figured out how to get 2 candles in there also.
We also let her open one present from us. It was a toy vacuum. Audrey is scared to tears of my vacuum, so I thought having a toy one would get her used to it. When she looked inside the bag, I asked her, 'What is it?" And when she didn't answer with "Eeeeeeee!" (which means noisy vacuum) I told her what it was. She almost had the toy out of the bag, but when I said "vacuum," she dropped it, stepped back and said, "No." Once I showed her Minnie Mouse on the wheel and how it worked, she was hooked.... thank goodness. Wish I caught this moment on video.
After watching some Playhouse Disney shows, we headed to the park for a picnic lunch. (Oh, Andy took today off to be with his girl, so it was an extra fun day.)
Our girl LOVES all slides..... even the really tall ones. She got a little nervous when other bigger kids came up behind her.

Peeking through the playhouse window

No comments: