Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy (??) Easter!

Wow! What a day! The devil was pulling overtime trying to get our focus off of celebrating Christ's resurrection.... from a whiney baby making us late for church, to spilling hot squash on my dress and down my leg, to missing naptime, to not getting any good pictures of "the dress," to getting locked out of the house right when whiney baby finally fell asleep...ugh! BUT we did manage to realize that it was all a way to try to make us forget why we put on our best clothes, attend a special service and spend time with family on this day. We didn't forget, and we hope you didn't miss it either. Christ took on YOUR punishment of death... and then conquered it. What a mighty God we serve!

3 comments:

Leanne said...

Ugh. What a day! Audrey still looks like an angel!!! :)

Kevin, Somer & Garrett said...

Sorry you had a difficult day :(
Audrey looks beautiful in her Easter dress :) I hope you guys have a safe trip...I will be praying for good travel. Send me an email or text when ya'll get there and "somewhat" settled. :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow, I found your blog! What a pleasure that is! Now I can stay in touch! Glad that despite the difficult moments, Easter was still a wondrous celebration for you and your family!